Perlite for Dracaenas

needsomehelp!

Reaction score
So I bought a dracaena warneckii a few years ago as my first plant back when I knew nothing about plants and just liked the look of it. I've taken care of it with no research until recently when I started collecting more plants. I've always watered it with hard tap water and recently repotted it without researching into a potting mix of store bought potting soil, perlite, orchid bark, and coco coir (no exact measurements) that I use for most of my other house plants. But on a random deep dive on the internet, I read something about how you shouldn't pot dracaenas in a soil with perlite since the perlite contains fluoride, which is apparently toxic to dracaenas??? Does anybody have any advice or experience with repotting dracaenas or potting dracaenas in potting mixes with perlite in them? I also read that they like to be watered with filtered/distilled water since they don't like fluoride but mine has been doing pretty well with the tap water I've been giving it for the last three years. Is my dracaena gonna die in this new potting mix I repotted it in? Would appreciate any advice! Thanks!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sreejith Vadakkepatt