Where do you buy plants?

Pothos24

Reaction score
I want to get a new Alocasia and have been looking on etsy. Do you have any fav etsy sellers? Or other places you might buy an houseplant (or specifically Alocasia) from? I've been eyeing the zebrina for a long time, but really, I just want to fill my entire apt with alocasias !!

Reactions: Plantmomma11

Plantmomma11

Reaction score
I want to get a new Alocasia and have been looking on etsy. Do you have any fav etsy sellers? Or other places you might buy an houseplant (or specifically Alocasia) from? I've been eyeing the zebrina for a long time, but really, I just want to fill my entire apt with alocasias !!
I haven't really ever bought plants on Etsy, but I have bought some from The Sill and I was quite happy with them (https://www.thesill.com/products/alocasia-black-velvet). It looks like they have a couple alocasia types.
Logees is another great place with tons of plants and they ship to you (https://www.logees.com/).

greenthumb284

Reaction score
I really just only buy them locally. I have had some luck on facebook marketplace, but I like finding nurseries (even if they're a few hours away) and just making a day of driving to them.

Pothos24

Reaction score
I haven't really ever bought plants on Etsy, but I have bought some from The Sill and I was quite happy with them (https://www.thesill.com/products/alocasia-black-velvet). It looks like they have a couple alocasia types.
Logees is another great place with tons of plants and they ship to you (https://www.logees.com/).
Thanks! Good to hear about the sill and logees - never heard of logees so that's a new one for me. I'll check them out. It looks like the only one the sill has is black velvet, which is the most common alocasia. Logees has a decent selection, but Etsy has a MUCH larger variety. It's kind of why I started there, it seems like the best place to get the less common varieties.

Pothos24

Reaction score
I really just only buy them locally. I have had some luck on facebook marketplace, but I like finding nurseries (even if they're a few hours away) and just making a day of driving to them.
Yeah, I prefer this too but when I have something particular in mind, I don't want to drive a few hours only to find out they don't have it 😭. When I'm "just browsing" (LOL), I love local nurseries and facebook marketplace

Pumpkinspice

Reaction score
I like Facebook marketplace for fun and random finds. I don't tend to seek anything in particular out, so that helps lol. Can find some neat things sometimes there

greenthumb284

Reaction score
Reactions: Pothos24

AroidsLove

Reaction score
Personally, I'm a big fan of Logee's. I can go there in person but i have internet friends who have ordered from there and have had success. There are also plenty of facebook and other hobbyist groups that can be a pretty great deal if you catch em.

NorthAmericanPlants

Reaction score
Thanks! Good to hear about the sill and logees - never heard of logees so that's a new one for me. I'll check them out. It looks like the only one the sill has is black velvet, which is the most common alocasia. Logees has a decent selection, but Etsy has a MUCH larger variety. It's kind of why I started there, it seems like the best place to get the less common varieties.
check out glowplant.ca

aaldhize

Reaction score
Website
aaronaldhizerphotography.com
I tend to avoid places like Etsy or random online sites. I get my plants from Marketplaces, plant swaps/meetups or friends. I hear of too many people that order some fancy cuttling online only to get duked and it not be what they ordered.

Catbus21

Reaction score
To add to this thread, here are some online Canadian sellers I've ordered from with success:
Jomo (Great variety, but frequently sold out)
Plantsome (Some "Rarer" plants but mostly common plants)
Cactusenligne (Montreal) If you like cacti and succulents...
Tropico (hit and miss, currently taking a business break)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sreejith Vadakkepatt